PRIMA.ORG will post job listings for PRIMA member stations.
Send posting information to email@example.com
Media, Community Partnerships, and Events Coordinator
Kansas Public Radio
The Media, Community Partnerships and Events Coordinator for Kansas Public Radio is part of the team assigned to promote KPR to other media outlets and the general public via communications initiatives and events. This position also strengthens listener engagement by planning events, establishing community partnerships, and assisting with KPR membership drives.
The position reports to the Development Director, but works as part of a team with other members of the Development Department.
35% Marketing and Public Relations
- Produces or oversees the production of marketing materials such as print ads, brochures, and promotional items.
- Maintains KPR online store.
- Writes promotional spots, press releases, and KPR’s monthly e-newsletter.
- Posts regularly on all KPR social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
- Handles media inquiries.
- Maintains and helps design certain web pages on kansaspublicradio.org.
30% Trade Sponsorships and Community Partnerships
- Responsible for renewing trade (in-kind) contracts with existing partners, and seeking out new community partnerships.
- Maintains trade contracts in KPR’s database, and writes radios spots for trade contracts that follow FCC regulations.
- Assists with media sponsorships.
30% Events and Membership Drives
- Has a leadership role in the planning and staffing of KPR events, including concerts, listener appreciation events, and donor appreciation events.
- Works with underwriting and development staff to identify possible event sponsors.
- Assists with planning and execution of KPR membership drives, including social media, helping to solicit food donations, scheduling community guests, and working shifts during the drives.
5% Other duties as assigned
- This position has the option of a hybrid work arrangement. Incumbent may work remotely and on campus based on a set departmental schedule.
- Occasional evening and weekend work hours required.
- Availability during membership drives (development staff does not take vacation during membership drives).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One year (1) of experience in event planning and/or marketing.
- Prior work experience that required working both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Background in communications.
- Graphic design experience.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or Cloud.
- Fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of public radio in Topeka, Lawrence and Kansas City.
- Nonprofit experience.
Contact Information to Applicants:
Feloniz Lovato-Winston, firstname.lastname@example.org, 785 864-5968
- Application review begins Thursday, October 21, 2021. To ensure consideration, apply no later than Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
- To apply and for more information: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25752&siteid=5541&AReq=20328BR#jobDetails=4365189_5541
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University’s programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Other sources for public broadcasting job postings include: