Wednesday – PRIMA opening reception from 6-8pm. A great way to start your PRIMA conference in Chicago with drinks, food, and conversation.
Thursday – Breakfast and Lunch provided. Evening Event: Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!
Friday – Breakfast, Box Lunch
Register on or before 3/29/18 to secure your place for Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me! event.
(PRIMA must order tickets by 3/29/18, so don’t delay if you want to attend.)
If Paid By 4/23/18
$275 for PRIMA Members
$375 for Non-PRIMA Members
If Paid After 4/23/18
$325 for PRIMA Members
$425 for Non-PRIMA Members
One ticket for Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me! is included in your registration if received on or before March 29th. Additional tickets are available for $35 each. You may order additional tickets on the conference registration form linked below.
FYI: The Cubs are also playing on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. Details here.
Complete the registration form (links below) and email it to the PRIMA Treasurer, Regina Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to Regina (865) 974-3941. PRIMA will send you an invoice for the registration fee if payment is not returned with the form.
Conference Hotel – Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
The Hyatt Regency McCormick Place is conveniently connected to the McCormick Place Convention Center. Enjoy the beautiful Lake Michigan backdrop and easy access to waterfront trails. Walk just outside the door to discover exciting Chicago attractions, like Soldier Field, Museum Campus, Millennium Park, and shopping on the Magnificent Mile.
Located at 2233 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, this hotel has been secured at a special discounted conference room rate of $169 per night, plus tax.
(In order to make the conference more affordable, PRIMA is paying $50 each night to bring the cost down to $169 per night, plus tax for PRIMA Members.)
Travel Note: Mid-Way Airport is the closest airport with easy access to the train for transport to near the hotel.
Conference Topics: (More to Come)
- Smart Everything: Smart Speakers, Smart Phones, Smart Listeners – Updates and discussion with Paul Jacobs of Jacobs Media
- Development Trends update with Greater Public President and CEO, Joyce MacDonald
- NPR Updates on a wide variety of topics including:
- The NPR/Station Compact
- NPR Digital
- NPR News Hubs
- Time for Q&A with NPR Representatives
- Other topics to be announced as the list of NPR attendees is finalized
- PRSS System Update – A Public Radio Satellite System discussion with PRSS’s Michael Beach, Vice President of Distribution and Maryfran Tyler, Senior Director, Strategic Planning. You’ll get the latest on the new equipment that will be in your equipment racks in the future and how the new system will function
- FCC Updates and Q&A with attorneys Meg Miller and Ernie Sanchez
- CPB Updates with Kathy Merritt, Sr. VP. Journalism & Radio
Stay tuned for updates. The complete conference schedule will be posted once finalized.