Public Radio in Mid America
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
June 11, 2013
Called to Order: 11:06 AM EDT
Board Members Present: Tom Hunt, Christina Kuzmych, Karen Olstad, Dan Skinner
- Update on SuperRegional—No news since last month. No website yet.
- Session planning for SuperRegional– Glitches in session planning. Georgette has asked for another person to help with the program planning, Christina suggested Dan as PRIMA Vice President.
- Talk of the Nation transition—PRIMA member stations are making their plans with the various programming options and making plans for implementation and promotion of new programs.
- US:A Survey regarding collaborations—Sent to member stations last week. Questions have to do with collaborations between stations and national organizations as a follow-up to discussion at Super Regional meeting in New Orleans. Discussion followed about the challenges of collaborating whether by mergers or on specific initiatives or functional areas. Chair Kuzmych asked whether perhaps rather than focus on mergers, CPB should facilitate collaboration in digital media and/or IT similar to NPR Digital Services.
- Meeting Time: Resolved meeting time to be on second Tuesday of month at 11:00 Eastern Time. Next meeting will be July 9 at 11:00 AM EDT
Meeting adjourned at 11:45 AM