Board Conference Call
August 7, 2012
Participating by phone:
Al Bartholet, Cleve Callison, Christina Kuzmych, Paul Maassen, Dan Skinner, Bill Wheelhouse
Not present: Regina Dean, Tom Hunt,
NEW ORLEANS SUPER REGIONAL
- Planning is progressing well and an agenda will be available soon.
- Themes will be sustainability as well as now stations can continue to offer service to their communities of origin.
- Registration cost will be higher than a regular PRIMA meeting, however more content will be included.
- WWOZ and WWNO are helping to put together a list of entertainment venues.
- It is hoped that a quorum may be present to allow for an A-Reps meeting, where a discussion about a change to the Bylaws could take place.
- There was discussion about collaboration and mergers being incentivized in this new economic climate.
- OTHER BUSINESS
- Paul Maassen discussed recent developments with WWNO, NPR and the Times Picayune in helping to shape WWNO’s newsroom.
Next meeting will take place on September 4th at 1:30 ET
Adjourned at 2:15 p.m. ET
Al Bartholet, secretary